Rincon Monterey Office Receives a “Green” Stamp
Rincon Consultants’ Monterey office was recently certified by the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program, passing all the necessary compliance checks and completing the required checklist items to be considered a “green” business.
The Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program is a successful partnership of environmental agencies, utilities and nonprofit organizations that assist, recognize, and promote businesses and government agencies that volunteer to operate in a more environmentally responsible way. To be certified "green," participants must be in compliance with all regulations and meet program standards for conserving resources, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste.
The program offers motivated businesses and agencies an easy-to-use framework for improving environmental performance. Certified companies include vehicle service repair facilities, food service facilities, environmental consultants, restaurants, general office/retail stores, plumbers, contractors/remodelers, janitorial companies, hotels/hospitality and printers.
Rincon’s Monterey office obtained this new “green” certification through:
- Diligent recycling and waste reduction;
- Purchasing of office products made with recycled content;
- Bulk purchasing of reusable office supplies;
- Maintaining employee knowledge of Best Environmental Practices;
- Establishment of a hazardous waste area for used batteries and light bulbs; and
- Replacement of non-functional office appliances with Energy Star certified office appliances
The Monterey office will be listed on the Green Business Directory and will also be promoted on the Program’s website and Facebook page.
Look for us soon on the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program’s website, http://www.montereybaygreenbusiness.org/